Friday, September 13, 2019

Movie Review: Ready or Not (2019)







Description from Wikipedia:
Ready or Not is a 2019 American black comedy horror film directed by Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett from a screenplay by Guy Busick and R. Christopher Murphy. The film stars Samara Weaving as a newlywed who becomes hunted by her spouse's family as part of their wedding night ritual. Mark O'Brien portrays her husband, with Adam BrodyHenry Czerny, and Andie MacDowell as members of his family.



My Review for this movie:

I've been waiting this movie since I watched it's trailer months ago. Verdict: BEST! 

Last weekend I went to see this movie with my roommate. Truth to be told, this is the second movie that I've watched in a day. Before that I watched Sangkar with my book nerd friend, Kak Mai. I LOVE THE BLOODINESS of this movie though, I could say that I've seen other movies that has a bloodier scenes than this. My roommate once said, " I'd love to kill somebody," because of stress at work (I think). Well, me too! Except I don't really have any particular person that I truly hate at the moment. I could feel her sentiment. Maybe, I'm just hating the world right now.

This story tells about a newlywed couple who had to play a survival game, only the bride has to survive since she is the new addition to the family. This game is a tradition for Le Domas family, unfortunately rich people sure has weird yet different tradition aye. 

Many times I tried to close my eyes throughout the movie, the suspense is killing me! Since it's a black comedy, I tend to laugh at some scenes. Some are predictable, some are unexpected. Love the game song! 

ps: Samara Weaving really look like Robbie Margot, don't you think?
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading.